Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA headed the Dawoodi Bohra community for half a century. Every year of the Burhani Era was marked with bounties and blessings which increased manifold after the restoration of Al Jame Al Anwar in Misr. As Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA stated, “Ever since we renovated the Jame Anwar there has been an abundance of barakaat in Daawat.
The renovation of Al Jame Al Anwar was, by no means an easy task. UNESCO had refused to take up the project due to its sheer magnitude. Centuries of disrepair and misuse had brought the structure down to ruin. Due to lack of knowledge and sanctity for the edifice people had turned the place into a garbage dump. The actual architectural structure and the intricate Fatemi inscriptions were buried under layers of flith. To bring such a humongous task to fruition Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA relied on the one who would succeed him to the throne of Dawat – his son and heir Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS. The first task that Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS undertook was to rid the masjid of the layers of fifth and grime that had built up over the years. He made sure the task was taken up in earnest by shoveling the garbage himself. His zeal was such that those around him were also inspired to participate.
Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA narrates in his bayaan : After the inauguration of Zarih of Maulatena Zainab SA, Mamluk-e-Aale Mohammed travelled to Kuwait. I left my son, qurrat al ain, Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS in Misr.
He stayed back and initiated the process of clearing the Masjid. A foul odor hung around the qiblah of Al Jame Al Anwar. So he first determined the source of the odor. The forty families residing behind the Qiblah used to dump their garbage and waste in a hole there. The stench was such that workers refused to clean it.
Finally, my son Mufaddal said, “ I will clean it myself! The mehrab is in such a dire state, we have been oblivious so long it is a grave transgression on our part !”
At that point other cleaners arrived and the dump site that was two to three meters deep was cleaned and incensed. Since that day the signs of abuse started to recede from al Jame Al Anwar.
Today behold Mumineen! The Jame Al Anwar is fragrant with the scent of its mehrab. Imaam Husain al Hakim has bestowed his Dai with the saffron of barakaat and the musk of sa’adat.
Today I pray for all khidmatguzars and their head Aqeequl Yemen, Aali Qadr, Mufaddal Saifuddin – may Allah reward his efforts.
Due to the dua Mubarak of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA and the barakat of his Mansoos Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS the restoration of Al Jame Al Anwar was completed in record time. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA hosted the grand inauguration ceremony in 1401 H. which was attended by the then President Anwar al Sadaat and many other dignitaries. Syedna Burhanuddin RA held the Ashara Mubarakah that year in Al Jame Al Anwar. Also for the first time in the history of dawat us satr a Dai bestowed upon mumineen the barakat of Aimmat Fatemiyeen during Lailat ul Qadr in Jame Anwar in the company of his mansoos Aali Qadr TUS.
The pages of history are witness to the fact that Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS has always been by his father’s side, steadfast in his efforts, tirelessly devoted in his desire to fulfill his Maula’s wishes. May Allah grace Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS with a long life and the courage and strength to accomplish all of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin’s RA aspirations.
Al Jame al Anwar, the masjid of Imaam Hakim AS was restored to its past glory in the year 1401 Hijri. During the process of construction phenomenal events occurred which were termed as the nine miracles.
(1) Water supply to the site was blocked off. But, by the grace of Allah, during the construction, a well was discovered.
(2) During the construction process, remnants of old structure emerged and the masjid was rebuilt on the basis of it.
(3) An original Fatemi shubbak (window) emerged after 698 years, just as if it was a gift from the Imaam.
(4) Aqa Maula TUS identified Al Mishkat Fatemiyah from Al Jame ul Aqmar and instructed that its design be used to illuminate Al Jame ul Anwar.
(5) A part of a stone inscriptions with Imaam Hakim’s name inscribed upon it was excavated.
(6) Many Fatemi relics were discovered when a tomb when was shifted from the masjid to another site.
(7) A school that had been built within the masjid premises had to be pulled down and as compensation a new school was built on another location within just 110 days.
(8) The restoration of this masjid – a gargantuan task, which dissuaded even the UNESCO from undertaking it was miraculously accomplished within a period of 28 months.
(9) To commemorate the completion of this masjid, Aqa Maula TUS conducted Ashara Mubaraka in Cairo at which 10,000 mumineen gathered from all around the world.